Today I want to outline my technology goals for the upcoming school year. Last year I did this in podcast #5 and at the end of the year I did a recap of what goals I met and which goals I did not accomplish. As the new school starts I'm as excited as ever. This is my 13th year in the classroom and over the course of the past summer I met amazing groups of people at travels that took me to Washington DC, Chicago and San Diego that have given me a fresh look at how I do things in my classroom.
List of technology goals for the 2006/2007 school year:
I hope your school year is off to a great start. If you would like to contact me please drop me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org I am a little behind on returning a couple e-mails but I try to make every effort to respond to each one.
1. Expand the use of blogs in my classroom
2. Produce a regular podcast that features my
principal with news about our school building
3. Help students create more
4. Organize a workshop to educate parents on how to
keep their children safe on the Internet
5. Long distance collaboration with teacher(s) in
other parts of the country and possibily around the world
Direct link to Podcast #38 - My Classroom Technology Goals for the 2006/2007 School Year - MP3 Format (17 minutes)
Podcast #38 Show Notes:
- Mr. Langhorst Classroom Web Site - our classroom site
- Class Scribe Blog - a daily reflection of what happens in class written by a different student each day
- This Week in Class Blog - a combination of a listing of lesson plans for the upcoming week and a parent newsletter that discusses what is happening in class