Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Podcast #140 - Meeting President Bush at the Oval Office in the White House

Hello. Today is one of those days that you never forget. One of the amazing opportunities that I've had while serving as the 2007 / 2008 Missouri Teacher of the Year happened today as I met President Bush in the Oval Office of the White House. Of course as a history teacher and political geek that was beyond cool. It also seemed surreal as I had the chance to have my picture taken with the president and then participate in a Teacher of the Year ceremony at the Rose Garden.

I sat down and recorded a podcast before I went to bed for the night - in part so that my 8th grade students back in Liberty could share in the experience in class on Thursday. I have included some pictures that I took during the experience at the White House. I had a great seat on the isle during the ceremony at the White House and can't believe how great the pictures turned out.


Congratulations to our new 2008 National Teacher of the Year - Michael Geisen - a 7th grade science teacher from Oregon. He will be an amazing representative for all teachers across the country and I hope many of you will have the opportunity to see and hear him speak as he travels this year.




Show Notes:

4 comments:

  1. This was an awesome opportunity and I want to thank you for sharing this with us! What a great honor for you to be there like that and I know your state is very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are having a great week. I wonder which is better, though, meeting the President or spending time at the Smithsonian?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing. I can't wait when you get back so I can hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. u r a ''cooooooooooool'' guy.How awesome wuz it in the
    White House?????CAN u take me next time.post on my blog.THANKS.LOL

    ReplyDelete