Tuesday, October 28, 2008

2008 T+L Conference in Seattle - Visiting the Space Needle


Hello. After I presented my preconference session on Monday afternoon I decided to visit the Space Needle. Everyone in Seattle has to visit the Space Needle right? I took the Monorail over to the Space Needle and as I paid $16 for my ticket to ride the elevator to the top I had doubts that it would be worth it but I must say that I was not disappointed. I arrived at the top of the Space Needle at about 5:30 PM right as the sun was setting over Elliott Bay. The sky turned several shades of red as ships moved in the bay. The city came alive as it grew darker and the lights began to show a city alive. I spent about an hour at the top and even watched part of a football game below - as I watched one team even scored a touchdown.

I have included some pictures from my visit and also took along my trusty Flip cam to record some video. I made a video Monday night and have posted it so my students can share in my visit to the Space Needle.



If you have any comments or would like to share your experience in visiting the Space Needle please leave a comment to this post. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment