Hello. Time to catch up on a couple of random items today. Some updates on what I have been up to this semester and a Speaking of History first - a song. I'll also tell you about a couple of podcasts that I have been listening to lately and the results of a survey I gave my students about using my studycasts to review for tests. We also have the start of our book blog on The Year of The Hangman by Gary Blackwood. Here we go.....
If you have a comment about this episode you can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment on the bottom of this entry.
Direct link to Speaking of History Podcast #16 - Book Blogs, Conferences and Student Survey Results - MP3 Format (25 minutes)
- The Year of the Hangman book blog - participants in Missouri, Minnesota, Conneticut and New York
- MCSS - Missouri Council of Social Studies State - Conference in Jefferson City, Missouri - March 3-4, 2006
- NETA - Nebraska Educational Technology Association - Conference in Omaha, Nebraska - April 27-28, 2006
- NECC - National Education Computing Conference - San Diego, California - July 5-7, 2006
- "Armstrong" - Music from Monte Selby - an educator that sings about what we do each day (used with approval)
- KidCast Podcast by Dan Schmidt and the book KidCast by FTC Publishing - an awesome guide to doing podcasting in your classroom
- Colonial Williamsburg Podcast
- Colonial Williamsburg Historical TV Ads - very funny, must see
- National Geographic Lewis and Clark video "Great Journey West"
- Winston Churchill Museum in Fulton, Missouri