Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Year of the Hangman Book Blog is Up and Running

I'm really excited to announce that The Year of the Hangman Book Blog has started and students will soon be particpating online. I spoke about the project in episode #13 of Speaking of History. I have handed out the 60 copies of the novel that I was able to purchase with a local grant and several of my students have also purchased the book. I have been contacted by teachers and students in Nebraska, New York, Conneticut and Minnesota about joining the discussion. I have also made contact with the author and Mr. Blackwood plans on adding his comments to the discussion.

I have posted instructions for the students on adding comments and listed the four questions we will use for week one of the project. We are reading the first five chapters of the book for week one discussion.

If you would like to join us please stop by at www.theyearofthehangman.blogspot.com and add a comment. If you know of any teachers that might want to join us please pass along the information or have them e-mail me at speakingofhistory@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment