Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Podcast #102 - Celebrating the 4th and Remembering My Grandpa - Henry C Langhorst

Hello. Today’s podcast is a special July 4th podcast recorded at Gettysburg College as I attend the Gilder-Lehrman Institute on Lincoln. I took a little time off from the workshop to share a special memory that I have of the 4th of July. The podcast today is a story about my grandfather – Henry C Langhorst – as a German immigrant on July 4, 1923. I do think of fireworks and picnics on the 4th but my dad told me this story about grandpa when I was small and to this day it is the thing I think about when the July 4th comes study American History this July 4th in a place that was so critical to creating the America that he risked everything to live so many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment