Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Podcast #111 - U.S. News and World Report Special Edition on Secrets of the Civil War


Hello. Today's podcast is about a recent special edition of U.S. News and World Report magazine from July 2-9, 2007 which featured "Secrets of the Civil War" . I picked it up in the Atlanta airport on my way back from NECC. It is loaded with great features and would be an excellent classroom resource. In the podcast I discuss the variety of articles as a preview.

I would encourage American history teachers to pick up a copy or check out the online edition of the special which includes many of the same articles and illustrations.






Don’t forget to sign up for the July 2007 book giveaway. I’m giving away copies of two books – Manhunt by James Swanson and Guerrilla Season by Pat Hughes. See Speaking of History Podcast #100 for more details. Just send me your name and the city in which you live before August 1, 2007. The first week of August my three year old daughter will draw two names and I will send them each the book they won.
Podcast #111 Show Notes:

No comments:

Post a Comment