Friday, February 13, 2009

Four Score and Seven Reading Event to Celebrate Lincoln's 200th Birthday




I was very excited about the Four Score and Seven Simultaneous Reading Event today to celebrate Lincoln's 200th birthday. The only problem - I had my planning period during the scheduled 9:30 AM Central time frame. I asked other teachers in the building if they could spare their class for a couple of minutes and I was very happy that four teachers did bring their classes in to read the Gettysburg Address with thousands of others across the world. We had a total of 48 students at South Valley Jr. High School read today. Now we have to wait and see if we had enough to qualify for the world record.

I took some video with my Flip camera and have posted it above. Thanks to all the teachers who brought down their classes.


No comments:

Post a Comment