Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Podcast #178 - The Sony ICD-UX70 Digital Voice Recorder


Hello. Today I'm discussing a recent purchase - a Sony Digital Voice Recorder ICD-UX70. I have been using this device for about a month and have been very happy with the quality and ease of use. It is a good option for anyone looking for a portable digital voice recorder under $100 - I bought mine from Amazon for $75 with free shipping.


Check out the podcast for features and a quick review. If you have a favorite portable digital voice recorder please leave a comment on this blog. When I do presentations I am often asked "What digital voice recorder would you recommend we purchase for our media center or for student use?" I would currently recommend this device but would be interested to hear how you would answer the same question based on your experiences.







5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:07 AM

    Hi Eric, I'm wondering if this would work to record classroom or meeting conversations. How close do you have to be to the device? The quality of the audio is very good. I've been considering getting a snowball microphone, but could this might be another possibility?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:28 PM

    does it record in mp3?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it records in MP3 format and this is one of the reasons I really like it as a portable recorder.

    Thanks.

    Eric Langhorst

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just ordered one of these to record podcasts to my students in my online university course.

    Yours sounds excellent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Chops - I have been really happy with mine and still use it for portable recording - which says something because I like to get new gadgets!

    Eric

    ReplyDelete