Sunday, April 09, 2006

Podcast #19 - Review of Classroom Goals for Year and A To Do List for the Spring/Summer 2006

Hello. Welcome to episode #19 of Speaking of History. This show is a review of my classroom technology goals for the 2005 / 2006 school year. I listed these goals in August of last year in episode #5. I have done a pretty good job so far this year of reaching my goals - a little bit yet to be desired. I have not created the local history video show that I would like to show on local cable but that has been due in part to spending so much time podcasting. I also discuss a couple of articles which have appeared lately and the news that I am a finalist for the 2006 Cable's Leaders in Learning Award through Cable in the Classroom. I wrap up with a list of local historical sites that I plan to visit sometime this spring and summer. If this is your first show check out a couple of other ones since the format is always a little different.

If you have any questions or comments please e-mail me at speakingofhistory@gmail.com

Direct link to Speaking of History Podcast #19 - Review of Classroom Goals for the Year and A To Do List for the Spring / Summer of 2006 - MP3 format (26 minutes)

Show Notes for Podcast #19:

Cable's Leaders in Learning Awards
School Library Journal Article - April 2006 "History Teacher 2.0"
10 Days That Unexpectedly Changed America - History Channel Series - April 9-13, 2006

Spring/Summer Goal #1 -
Truman Presidential Library - Independence, Missouri
Spring/Summer Goal #2 -
Watkins Mill State Historical Site - Lawson, Missouri
Spring/Summer Goal #3 - Fort Osage National Historic Landmark - Sibley, Missouri
Spring/Summer Goal #4 - Jesse James Farm - Kearney, Missouri
Spring/Summer Goal #5 -
Liberty Memorial - The National World War I Museum - Kansas City, Missouri


No comments:

Post a Comment