Hello. A couple of weeks ago I interviewed Bill Plympton, the illustrator for the History Channel episode on Shays' Rebellion - part of the 10 Days That Unexpectedly Changed America series. Today I interviewed RJ Cutler, the director of the episode. Mr. Cutler is an accomplished producer and director. His body of work has earned him an Emmy and a Peadbody award along with an Oscar nomination. You may recognize some of his work on The War Room, American High, the FX series 30 Days, the Discovery Home network's Flip That House and the recently aired Black/White on FX.
The interview includes details on how the Shays' Rebellion episode came about, the differences in doing an animated documentary, the research process and advice for 8th graders who want to enter the film industry.
You are always welcome to leave a comment on the bottom of this blog entry or you can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Link to Speaking of History Podcast #21 "Interview with RJ Cutler from the Shays' Rebellion Episode of 10 Days That Unexpectedly Changed America" - MP3 Format - (21 Minutes)
Show Notes For Podcast #21:
- Actual Reality Pictures Site
- Actual Reality Pictures Site on Shays' Rebellion Episode
- Boston Globe Story (4/8/06) on 10 Days That Unexpectedly Changed America
- Kansas City Star Story (4/9/06) on 10 Days That Unexpecedly Changed America
- USA Today Story (4/9/06) on 10 Days That Unexpectedly Changed America
- Speaking of History Podcast Interview with Bill Plympton - illustrator of Shays' Episode
- Purchase the DVD for 10 Days That Unexpectedly Changed America