Hello. Today's podcast is a description of how I teach the Corps of Discovery to my 8th Grade American history class. I recieved an e-mail question from Jessica in Illinois asking me to describe what type of activities we do in class and I thought it would be a great topic for a podcast.
The picture you see above is me dressed an reenacter clothing as a member of the Corps of Discovery. The student in the picture is one of my students from this year who just happens to be the great, great, great, great, great granddaughter of William Clark - honestly! Her family often attends ceremonies at National Parks etc. celebrating the Lewis and Clark expedition.
Please feel free to add comments or suggestions as a comment to this blog entry or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct link to Podcast #126 - Ideas for Teaching a Lewis and Clark Unit - MP3 file - 21:00 minutes
Show Notes for Podcast #126
- DVD - "Lewis and Clark - Great Journey West" from National Geographic
- DVD - "Technology of Lewis and Clark" from The History Channel
- DVD - "Lewis and Clark" from Ken Burns and PBS
- Book - "20 Plays for U.S. History Classes" from Walch Publishing
- Book - "Undaunted Courage" by Stephen Ambrose