Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Podcast #128 - Create a Family Memory This Holiday Season


Hello. If you listen to one episode of Speaking of History this year please make it this one. Tonight I'm talking about something you can do with your family this holiday season that you and your children will be glad you did years later. I know because my dad did this same thing back in 1977 when I was 6 years old and I'm very happy today that he did. This is a podcast about the power of story and a suggestion that I give you this holiday season.

Direct link to Podcast #128 - Create a Family Memory This Holiday Season - MP3 Format - 11:26 minutes



If you have any comments or would like to share a story about creating your family memory please leave a comment on this blog post or e-mail me directly at speakingofhistory@gmail.com


My grandfather - Henry C. Langhorst (second soldier as you look right to left) in the trenches of World War I. The machine gun on the ground in front of the group was his.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eric
    This is more about a family tradition than about family history, although I suppose the two become intertwined at a certain point. Our collection of family history is captured in ornaments on our Christmas Tree.
    I created this audio story for my students (and more personally, for my own three young boys) as part of an investigation into holidays around the world, which leads to puppet play writing and production.
    Anyway, here is my podcast of a family tradition at my house:
    My Family Tradition

    Take care,
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin - Thanks for sharing your audio story. I'm rooting for your dog this Christmas to go nuts and knock down a few oranments for you!

    Have a great Christmas season and thanks for listening to the podcast.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete