Friday, January 09, 2009

Podcast #164 - Review of Henry Knox - Visionary General of the American Revolution by Mark Puls


Today's podcast is a review of one the best best I have read recently on the American Revolutionary War era and its leaders - Henry Knox - Visionary General of the American Revolution by Mark Puls For the past couple of year Knox has fascinated me as one of the most under appreciated figures of the American Revolution. His contributions during the war and in the years immediately following the war are incredible - and most Americans are not aware of his contributions.

I strongly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys learning more about the Revolutionary era and teaches this time period to students. My wife gave me this book for my birthday in the fall and I really enjoyed reading it. I would love to have the opportunity to sit down and chat with Mr. Knox and I think I would instantly like him.

If you have a comment about his book, have read it and would like to share your impressions or share my admiration for Knox -please leave a comment to this blog post. Thanks.







No comments:

Post a Comment