Thursday, May 11, 2006

Podcast #24 - The National World War I Museum - Liberty Memorial in Kansas City - Interview with James Barkley


Hello. It has been a while since my last podcast - always gets a little hectic as the school year winds down. I have been working on several episodes now it is just a matter of editing the interviews and content to create the final podcast. A couple of weeks ago I paid a visit to the Liberty Memorial World War I Museum in Kansas City. The Liberty Memorial is currently in the final stages of a huge renovation. The Liberty Memorial has been recognized by Congress as the official World War I museum in the United States. In the fall of 2006 the museum will open with a dramatic addition to the already impressive display on World War I. I sat down and interviewed Mr. James Barkly, the Education Program Coordinator of the Liberty Memorial (e-mail: jbarkley@lmakc.org) . If you teach American History in the Kansas City area you should really try to organize a field trip to the museum. If you teach World War in any other part of the world please contact James Barkley for a CD collection of lesson plans that you can incorporate into your curriculum. In addition to the interview, I also took photographs of the existing museum and created a short 3 minute slideshow using PhotoStory 3. To gain a perspective of the museum view the slideshow for images from inside and outside.

I always welcome any new ideas or comments about the show at speakingofhistory@gmail.com Let me know what you think of the new intro theme I recently put together or give me an idea for a future show topic. If you have a couple of extra seconds please click on the ad links at the top of the page - I get a couple of cents each time someone clicks to view an ad. Over the last 5 months I have earned a total of $23 but don't get paid until I reach $100. I'm hoping to earn the $100 by the end of the summer so that I can buy a new professional microphone for the podcast studio I have in my basement - actually a corner of the laundry room where I record my show. You don't have to buy anything, just click on the ad.

Direct link to Speaking of History Podcast Show #24 - The National World War I Museum - Liberty Memorial in Kansas City - An Interview with James Barkley

Show Notes:

No comments:

Post a Comment