Friday, February 22, 2008

Podcast #133 - Celebrate George Washington's Birthday with a David McCullough Video Presentation on Washington


Happy Birthday Mr. Washington! Today is George Washington's birthday - he was born on February 22, 1732 and today he would be 276 years old. I have always thought George Washington was a great man but an event a couple of years ago spurred a natural interest in his life and I discuss that in today's podcast.

Direct link to Speaking of History #133 - Celebrate George Washington's Birthday with a David McCullough Presentation on Washington from ConSource - MP3 audio file - 9:20 minutes



After you listen to the podcast I would encourage you to watch a special presentation about George Washington from ConSource. The presentation is available through UStream and is a fascinating lecture on Washington by my all time favorite historian - David McCullough. (As long time listeners to the podcast know, Mr. McCullough is the one individual I would enjoy to sit down and visit with more than any other person on the planet.) This presentation to me is a shining example of what is good about the combination of teaching history and modern technology. The presentation took place on February 13, 2008 and students were able to ask questions via the chat feature on UStream. I was not aware of it at the time and found it later. I am so glad that it is archived and I can view it today. As of this blog entry the presentation had been downloaded 10,000 times - incredible. Check it out. It is an incredible presentation describing one of the greatest men in our nation's history and a great way to celebrate Washington's birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment