Monday, July 22, 2013

U.S. Capitol Photos with Historic Quotes by Lincoln and Jefferson

I recently participated in the 2013 C-SPAN Educators' Conference and was fortunate enough to stay at a hotel just a couple of blocks from the U.S. Capitol.  I took a couple of pictures of the Capitol that came out pretty well and wanted to share them here in case anyone else would like to use them. If you would like larger copies of the photos shown below you can access them as a Flickr set here.

The first photo I took in the early morning just after sunrise.  On this particular morning there was a little bit of weather moving into the DC area, just a little rain but not enough to ruin my walk.  It was early enough that there were very few people around the Capitol except for some Capitol policemen.  I then added a quote from Lincoln that I thought fit the theme of the C-SPAN conference I was attending.  I did bring the photo up in Snapseed on my i-Pad and tuned the lighting to make the clouds a little more dramatic than they appeared in the original photo.


The second photo I would like to share was taken of the Capitol at night.  The Capitol dome at night has such an amazing glow.  I took this picture with some open night time sky to the side with the thought that I would add some text later.  I added a quote from Jefferson that again I thought fit the theme of the C-SPAN conference.


No comments:

Post a Comment