Thursday, August 28, 2008

45 years ago today........

Forty-five years ago today, Martin Luther King Jr. gave his famous "I Have A Dream" speech on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. Today I would like to share one of my favorite pictures of my daughter on our last trip to DC when she stood on the spot. She had learned about the speech in her preschool class and it was a very cool "dad moment" to be able to tell her this was the exact location. In light of the political events occuring today, it does make me pause to think about how much, or if, we are making progress and how we will look back on this moment 45 years from now.

2 comments:

  1. I know this was a more powerful(and meaningful) experience for you than your daughter. Sometimes I wish we could share our experiences with our children (and students) that we have internalized, but that they have yet to experience themselves. Share the Moment if you will.

    Anyway, I think it is totally cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:42 PM

    I really like your blog! Keep up the good work.

    Check this out:

    http://theinfluentialteacher.com

    ReplyDelete