Saturday, January 13, 2007

Podcast #59 - Book Review of Manhunt - The 12 Day Chase for Lincoln's Killer by James L. Swanson

Hello. Today I'm reviewing a great book that I recently finished : Manhunt - The 12 Day Chase for Lincoln's Killer by James L. Swanson. I picked up a copy of this book at the NCSS Conference in Washington DC at the start of December and finished it over Christmas break. I've had an interest in Lincoln's assassination since childhood and found this book to be facinating. A great description of the assassination itself and then the amazing 12 day chase that follows. I thought the book had tremendous detail and several nights over break I found it difficult to put down. Very interesting insight to one of the most tragic events in American history and changed the course of our nation. I would highly reccomend this book to any historian or history teacher.

Check out more about my impressions of the book in the podcast and the show notes listed below. If you have alos read this book we'd love to hear what you thought - leave a comment to this post or e-mail me at speakingofhistory@gmail.com.

Direct link to Podcast #59 Podcast - Book Review of Manhunt - The 12 Day Chase For Lincoln's Killer by James L. Swanson - MP3 Format - 13:06 minutes

Podcast #59 Show Notes:

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:12 PM

    Loved your podcast on Manhunt, and I think it's a great book. I met Mr. Swanson at a book signing at the Seward House in Auburn, NY.

    I can't wait for his next book on the search for Jefferson Davis.

    ReplyDelete