Friday, January 26, 2007

Podcast #62 - Jason Endacott's 2007 NCSS Presentation "Dig Up Some History"

Hello. There were some great presentations last month in Washington DC at the NCSS Conference. Some of the sessions were so full that the doors were closed and no one else was allowed in to hear the presentation. This is sad since many of us traveled from all over the United States to attend the conference. When I attended a session at the NCSS conference I asked the presenter before hand if I could record the presentation with my portable MP3 player but would not publish it without asking for permission first.

One of the best presentations that I saw was from Jason Endacott of New Mark Middle School in North Kansas City. (Go figure - I travel half way across the country to listen to a teacher that lives about 15 miles from where I live!). His presentation - "Dig Up Some History" - discussed how he has used archaeology in this middle school social studies class. He gives some excellent examples and has a very engaging presentation.

I contacted Jason and he has given me permission to post his presentation on the podcast. Since the presentation was roughly 60 minutes long I have split the presentation into 3 podcasts - #62A, #62B and #62C. Each one is about 20 minutes in length. Jason has also allowed me to post PDF files of his handouts from the conference. Check out the show notes below to gain access to this handouts. Thanks so much to Jason for allowing me to share his presentation. It is my hope that those not attending the session in person can learn as much as I did in person.

If you have any comments about this podcast you can leave a comment on the blog post or e-mail me at speakingofhistory@gmail.com. If you have a question for Jason please use his e-mail link provided in the show notes.

Direct link to Podcast #62A - Part 1 of 3 - Jason Endacott's 2007 NCSS Presentation "Dig Up Some History" - MP3 Format - 20:54 minutes

Direct link to Podcast #62B - Part 2 of 3 - Jason Endacott's 2007 NCSS Presentation "Dig Up Some History" - MP3 Format - 21:24 minutes

Direct link to Podcast #62C - Part 3 of 3 - Jason Endacott's 2007 NCSS Presentation "Dig Up Some History" - MP3 Format - 19:05 minutes

Show Notes for Podcast #62:

No comments:

Post a Comment