Monday, August 18, 2014

Device Rollout Day 2014 at Discovery Middle School

Today we distributed 680 devices to students at Discovery Middle School - 6th and 7th graders received Chromebooks and 8th graders received MacBook Air laptops.  There were a couple of network issues but overall it went very smoothly due to the hard work of many in the technology department over the past several months.  In addition to handing out the devices, students received a day of training on the new devices and lessons in digital citizenship.

Here are some pictures from an exciting day at Discovery Middle School:







1 comment:

  1. Hi! My name is Alexandria Grow and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am in EDM310 this semester and we are writing blogs and exploring teaching through technology. I think these children getting the computers is a great improvement in the classroom. I think this will help economically and get the children excited about learning. My only concern would be network issues and the usual technological difficulties, but if you have a good tech team the kids will be set. I would have loved to have been able to work on computers in class at that age. What lucky kids. I would love to hear how the new technology is working in the classroom. My Twitter contact is angedm310, and here is My Class Blog as well as My Blog. Also, if you would contact me back, I will be summarizing our discussions and posting them on my blog. Thanks so much for your time!!

    ReplyDelete