Sunday, June 10, 2007

Podcast #88 - Dana Thomas House Tour - Frank lloyd Wright


Hello. Today my wife and I toured the Dana Thomas House in Springfield, Illinois. This was a great stop on our vacation since we both enjoy seeing FLW homes. The home is an amazing example of his Prairie Style architecture and is almost exactly as it was in 1910. I was amazed that we were able to see the entire home - which includes over 12,600 feet and 35 rooms. Our tour guide was Bob Cash and my wife and I felt that he did a great job. You are not allowed to take pictures of the inside of the home but I did take some pictures of the outside of the home. The site has a wonderful gift shop but if you are unable to visit in person check out the Sumac Shop online. If you are in Springfield to visit the Lincoln sites please also stop by the Dana Thomas House, it is a wonderful tour.





If you have any comments about this podcast please post a comment to this entry or send me a note at speakingofhistory@gmail.com

Show Notes for Podcast #88:


1 comment:

  1. Excellent podcast of a fascinating house. I am also a FLW fan having toured his homes around the country. This is by far the most intact property I have seen. Plus an interesting story of the woman who commissioned him to build it. My aunt worked in this house for 26 years and did graphic design for the publishing company who owned it. Thank you so much for the additional insight

    ReplyDelete