Thursday, June 14, 2007

Podcast #91 - Interview with Erin Bishop - Educational Director of the Lincoln Presidential Museum and Library


Hello. Today's podcast is an interview with Erin Bishop, Director of Education for the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum and Library in Springfield, Illinois. The museum is an incredible place and the opportunities for teachers are endless. The most powerful experience for students, of course would be to take students to the museum in person. I teach in Liberty, Missouri which is about a 5 hour drive from the museum and I hope to organize a field trip for my students next year. Even if you can't make it to the museum in person there are other opportunities available online. The podcast covers a variety of topics : tips for planning a student trip to the museum, teacher workshop opportunities, online resources and thoughts on the museum.

Special thanks to Erin Bishop for taking the time to visit with me about the museum. My wife and I had an incredible time in Springfield and hope that all of you are able to visit the museum in the future.

If you have any comments about this podcast please leave a comment on this blog entry or send me an e-mail at speakingofhistory@gmail.com



Show Notes for Podcast #91:



No comments:

Post a Comment